Friends of Uley School oversee a parents’ WhatsApp group for each class, with the class parent representative as admin. This has proven to be a useful way to communicate with other parents, share information and hear about details of FUS events and activities.
The WhatsApp group admins for the academic year 2022-23 are:
- Nona R
- Michelle T
- Becky R
- Kate K
To join a group, simply send a WhatsApp message to your class rep, giving your name and your child’s name, or email email@example.com. We’ve put together some guidelines for using the group to ensure it stays useful and positive, and ask that parents respect these rules.
WhatsApp group code of conduct
- We encourage you to ask questions and share information.
- We request that you keep discussions focused directly concerning our school community.
- When posting, please use appropriate language.If you choose, you can post photos of your children at school events. Do not post photos of other children. If you have any questions about posting a particular photo, please check with the WhatsApp group administrator.
- Do not post comments about concerns, problems, grievances or conflicts with individual teachers, administrators, pupils, or parents.
- Online threats will be taken seriously, and proper authorities will be immediately notified.
- Do not post information commonly understood as confidential, such as personal data. If a member needs to contact another parent, we have a responsibility to protect privacy and a mutual friend should pass a message on, rather than sharing contact details publicly.
- Keep in mind what you post is visible to all members of the group.
- It is not necessary to respond to every post unless it is requested ,e.g. RSVP, request for volunteers. If your message is not relevant to the majority of the group members, please consider if it is more appropriate to reply by way of a personal message.
- WhatsApp group administrators reserve the right to escalate any breaches of the code of conduct to the FUS committee and to school if necessary, and to block users who are not following the rules stated above